Ten signs that a person urgently needs a “recharge of the batteries”, that is, a vacation, were named by British mental health trainers. Basically, they included signs of stress and overwork at work, for which the best medicine was called a vacation or a tourist trip.
“It is very important to take regular breaks and use our right to annual leave. Studies have shown that people who take regular vacations are less likely to suffer from heart, mental and physical illnesses,” said Dr. Hana Patel, mental health coach and general practitioner. According to her, it is regular vacation that helps prevent burnout – i.e. “a condition that is defined as emotional, mental and often physical exhaustion caused by prolonged or repeated stress – usually work-induced stress.”
So , these ten signs are:
- Loss of self-control: as soon as you find yourself constantly stressed, attaching importance to problems that you usually solve easily, and getting annoyed at every little thing – maybe a vacation will help you . “A change of scenery usually helps you cool off and also gives you the opportunity to come back with a clear head, ready to deal with whatever comes your way,” experts say.
- Unhealthy Choices: Whether it's unhealthy eating, being stuck on your phone, or other more unhealthy routines and habits, they're often associated with accumulated stress. Perhaps going on vacation might be a good idea.
- Mistakes: Small life slips or big failures – if you feel like things are snowballing and it's too hard to focus, resulting in you making frequent mistakes – it might be time for you to slow down and ask for a vacation so you can reboot, experts say .
- Sleep problems: If you constantly hear that you look tired, you constantly want to sleep, or vice versa you can’t sleep – “this is a serious signal from the body that it’s time for you to take care of yourself,” experts say. Vacations are the perfect cure to get back into a more regular sleep pattern, they add.
- Lack of personal life: If you feel like work takes up all your time, you miss family meetings and socializing with friends – this is a vicious cycle that needs to be broken, and vacations will help here too. “It is important that your personality does not get hung up on your work, so that you can remember who you are“ real ”, – say the experts of the publication.
- “Holiday envy”: if photos of your friends from vacation bring envy instead of joy and disappointment – it's time for you to go on vacation.
- 'Losing the spark': You're not happy with the activities you used to be interested in, you're oppressed by 'alarm clocks and Mondays' – another sign that you probably need a vacation, experts say. So life's hobbies and motivation will appear again.
- Time distance: if your vacation was so long ago that you no longer remember where your suitcases are covered with dust, this is an exact symptom that needs to be repeated.
- Targeting with ourselves: “Too often we tell ourselves that we need to live until the weekend, and do not take days off or do postponed things on them. This can often do you more harm than good as you get tired. Grit your teeth and take a vacation when you really need it – you will thank yourself for it, ”the experts write.
< li> Uninteresting free time: if in your free time you only have the strength to drag yourself to the sofa, and all hobbies are also covered with dust, this is a sign that your energy levels are largely depleted. Again, vacations are a simple means of recovery.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “Russians have named indoor plants that improve brain function.