Hotels Ayia Napa See great deals
When visiting the sights of Cyprus, you cannot pass by the city of Ayia Napa. Don't know what to see in Ayia Napa? Especially for you, we have compiled a list of popular places in this town, which included the most interesting sights of Ayia Napa. This resort is the most famous and lively town in Cyprus, it boasts an interesting historical past. The translation sounds like “Holy Woods”. This name is associated with a shrine discovered here in the 7th-8th centuries. The face of the Most Holy Theotokos was hidden by the Byzantines from those who fought with faith. After 100 years, the icon was found by a random traveler, later believers from all over the world began to come to this cave.
After a while, a temple with a chapel was erected over the cave. Today it is Ayia Napa, a monastery that looks almost unchanged.
City street in Ayia Napa AyianapaProtaras
The city became a center of tourism in the 80s. It developed very quickly, began to attract attention with amazingly beautiful beach areas and all sorts of water activities. Ayia Napa is a chic place for an active pastime, the nightlife is in full swing here due to the many working bars and nightclubs.
The main attractions of Ayia Napa in Cyprus
The city is rich in interesting places. You can go here not only for active recreation. On the map of Ayia Napa in Cyprus, the sights are full of variety. Therefore, experienced guides in Ayia Napa recommend tourists must-see places:
- the monastery. The Fountain House is located in the courtyard; precious marble was used in the manufacture. The founder of the monastery is buried here. Also, tourists are attracted by the local chapel, the veil that Saint Veronica gave to Jesus Christ on a trip to Calvary;
Monastery in Ayia Napa in Cyprus Claus Ableiter
- Sea Museum “Talassa” Excursions to Ayia Napa always include this attraction in their itinerary. The expositions of the museum are on the maritime theme, their goal is to give locals and guests the necessary knowledge about the importance of the sea in the life of the island nation from antiquity to the present. You can see unique items from the Cypriot coast. Guests can get acquainted with the history of shipbuilding and navigation of the period BC;
Thalassa Sea Museum in Ayia Napa ChristosV
Official site: http://www.thalassamuseum.org.cy/en/
- Cape Greco. This is the perfect place for lovers of romance. An ideal place to watch sunsets and meet sunrises. There is amazing nature here. The newlyweds take beautiful photos on the “bridge of lovers”. The location is ideal for cycling or just walking. Here, extreme lovers can go diving in the caves;
Cape Greco in Ayia Napa Anna Anichkova
- herbal park. Here, every tourist will have something to see and something to do; city of Famagusta. Tourists are attracted by the closed quarter of Varosha. It's practically a set for a disaster movie;
The closed tourist quarter of Varosha Shanomag
- water park, representing a whole mini-country, everything is done in mythological style and according to ancient Greek legends. Here you will see the Trojan horse, Atlantis and other manifestations of human imagination;
Aquapark in Ayia Napa Maxim Ulitin
Official site: http://waterworldwaterpark.com/ru/
- amusement park. There is an interesting saying: “In the evenings, in the sky of Ayia Napa, you can hear people screaming – they are being shot from a “slingshot”;
Luna Park in Ayia Napa Maxim Ulitin
Official site: http://parkopaliatsocy.com/
- outdoor sculpture park. It offers amazing views of the sea. Sculptures are presented in a wide variety. The only negative is that you can’t find shade here, so it’s better to choose a not very hot time to visit.
Ayia Napa Sculpture Park Beata Rostas Feel the atmosphere of Ayia Napa in this beautiful video!
What to see in Ayia Napa on your own
Tourists call this city a solid big dance floor. Quite quickly, the fishing village turned into a real Cypriot Riviera for young people and even pensioners. Here you will find fun affordable and wishes for everyone: young people, families and elderly couples.
In the city, everything is intertwined in an amazing way. You can watch topless girls. Try excellent fish delicacies in local restaurants. Test your fearlessness at the local amusement park. Hang out until morning in a nightclub, enjoying groovy music and three free cocktails.
Luna park. Attraction “Catapult” OldMuzzle
So, in Cyprus in Ayia Napa, the photo shows the main attractions. Among them are the monastery of Ayia Napa and the rock tombs of Makronisos, which are located near the beach area of the same name. The Greco-Roman complex contains ancient tombs, sanctuaries and quarries. The entrance to the tombs is open to tourists, although excavations are still ongoing.
Enjoying the nightlife and attractions of Ayia Napa in Cyprus
The city remains a youth resort. That is why the evening sights of the city of Ayia Napa in Cyprus so attract young people from all over the world.
A full-fledged club quarter is open here with all kinds of entertainment facilities that are literally lined up in rows. Music is heard from all sides until dawn.
Night entertainment in Ayia Napa Maxim Ulitin
Often, night fun starts from the labyrinth of fear Nightmare, which practically opens the “club” street. The scenery is truly frightening and bright.
For a more relaxing holiday, you can visit the local taverns and cafes. The cost of visiting will depend on the rank of the institution. Some nightclubs require you to pay an entrance fee. You will also have to pay for foam parties.
Nine must-do things in Ayia Napa:
- go to the baths of Aphrodite to wash yourself with “rejuvenating” water;
“Baths of Aphrodite” in Ayia Napa Wojciech Biegun
- organize an excellent photo session against the backdrop of amazing landscapes; test yourself in bungee jumping; make a wish by tying a ribbon on a 600-year-old mulberry tree; have fun all night long on the Black Pearl and watch the sunrise in the sea;
“Black Pearl” pleasure boat in Ayia Napa El Nino
- ride a very fast “Skimmer”; scuba diving and test yourself in search of treasures; go to the donkey farm in Skarina and ride one of the local inhabitants – a donkey; try new water sports and swim until the next holiday.
You can appreciate other attractions of Cyprus near Ayia Napa. You can ask in advance about possible sightseeing tours, their duration, in order to plan a possible trip for new experiences.
Ayia Napa attractions in Cyprus for children
The tourist city is perfect for a good rest for the whole family. On the photo and descriptions, the sights of Ayia Napa in Cyprus look interesting and bright. But this can not be compared with the real sensations during his visit. Children will definitely like it, only positive impressions will remain from the rest.
Sandy beach in Ayia Napa Evgeniy Isaev
Local beaches are characterized by a gentle slope into the water, they are sandy and, it would seem, specially created for children. At first glance, the local rest seems too noisy. But it is possible to organize a relaxing holiday if you take the choice of accommodation responsibly. The best time for a family holiday is from April to May, when there are no lovers of noisy festivities on the coast.
Theme water park in Ayia Napa CaptainGG
Younger guests will enjoy the local water park. It is quite possible to spend the whole day here, because in addition to the slides you can eat in the cafeteria and relax in the gazebo. The administration of the park regularly holds children's holidays with a seasonal updated program. The park has been awarded more than one award for carefully thought-out leisure and ensuring the safety of young visitors.
In the amusement park, you can ride a child on one of the many attractions. An area of 30 thousand square meters is equipped with carousels, trampolines, slot machines, even a swimming pool.
A few facts about Ayia Napa
How to get to the city and sights of Ayia Napa in Cyprus ? Larnaca Airport operates here, located literally 35 kilometers from the resort town. The main air hub of Cyprus serves several dozen flights every day.
Buses run from the airport to the city itself. The stop is located right at the exit from the terminal. You can use taxi services. The journey will take from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours. It is possible to get to Ayia Napa from all major settlements in Cyprus by bus or taxi.
Local transport for tourists
Around the city minibuses and taxis run. They are more used to visit neighboring cities or short trips. Since the town itself is small, you can explore it on foot or by bike.
The bus is a great opportunity to quickly see the local places of interest. It starts at the central square, stops at the main attractions and follows to nearby settlements. The price of the trip depends on the distance.