In Crimea, there may be more than 50 thousand tourists in general, of which about 4 thousand were supposed to leave Crimea on Saturday – this is the description of the situation given by ATOR. At least these 4,000 tourists were affected by today's terrorist attack on the Crimean bridge – the tourists could neither enter nor leave. However, by Saturday evening, traffic was restored on the bridge, while one lane was reversed. On Saturday, they promise to open two-lane traffic, as well as return the train schedule to service.
Recall that according to official information, which was announced by the National Anti-Terrorism Committee, at 6:07 am on Saturday, a truck with explosives was blown up on the automobile part of the Crimean bridge from the side of the Taman Peninsula. The explosion caused the detonation of fuel tanks in the train, at that moment following the bridge. Partially collapsed two car spans of the crossing, although only one line, i.e. away from Taman to Crimea.
As experts said, naming the number of tourists in Crimea, the blowing up of the Crimean bridge, which is likely to be recognized as a terrorist attack, will practically not affect tourism in Crimea: the tourist season on the peninsula is actually over – the velvet season has come to an end. However, in a statement, which was announced in the morning by Sergei Aksyonov, the head of the Crimea, the hotels and sanatoriums of the authorities urged to extend the stay of guests at the expense of the Crimean budget. “I ask hoteliers and heads of sanatoriums to extend the stay for the next day for guests who have ended their stay in the accommodation facility. All costs will be compensated by the Republic of Crimea. Compensation will be announced on Monday. This position has been agreed, including with the Government of Sevastopol and directly with the Governor of Sevastopol, Mikhail Vladimirovich Razvozhaev,” the head of Crimea said. As a result, it turned out that it was only about one free overnight stay. Read the details at this link.
However, tourists will probably not need further hospitality. around 18:00, an official statement from the Crimean authorities appeared, in which it was reported that the traffic of buses and cars had opened on the bridge – so far, “reverse” along one lane. At the same time, they promise to restore two-lane traffic from Sunday.
At the same time, tourists who are returning, as well as those who are ready to call in Crimea, especially those traveling by car, should be warned – they will have to spend more time on the road. In addition to the fact that the road across the bridge is forced to be “narrowed” and traffic jams are likely, the authorities also promise to seriously increase the inspection at the entrance and exit to the bridge.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “Why do people cannot lose weight: the doctor named 8 mistakes.