A new airport has opened 40 kilometers south of Istanbul airport, but there is no direct metro line from there to the center yet. A Russian tourist named in her Zen channel options on how to get to the city after arrival.
The Russian woman immediately decided not to take into account complex routes with many transfers, so there were only two options left to get from the new airport to the center of Istanbul. This is a bus and a taxi.
This is a budget option for those who do not carry mountains of luggage. The cost depends on the route and ranges from 68-110 lira, that is, 273-442 rubles. Buses leave on schedule every half an hour from stops on the -1 floor. Among the routes:
- HVIST-5 – Goes to Istanbul Grand Bus Station
- HVIST-6 – goes to Marmaray station and Bahçeşehir Merkez bus stop
- HVIST-9 – goes to Avcilar district
- HVIST-10 – goes to Bakirkoy
- HVIST-12 – usually goes to Beyazit Square, but at the moment due to renovation – to Aksaray
- HVIST-13 – goes to the Pendik area via Sabiha Gokcen Airport
- HVIST -14 – goes to Kadikoy area
- HVIST-15 – goes to Besiktas area
- HVIST-16 – goes to Taksim Square
The Russian woman said that she was driving on the Khavaist-12, and the price was 87 lira, or about 350 rubles, they did not ask for extra payment for luggage. The road to the city took 50 minutes, and to the airport – 40 minutes instead of the declared one and a half hours. At the airport, you can buy tickets at the ticket office at the stop, and in the city – from the person in charge of boarding the bus.
In April, the fare from the new airport to the center of Istanbul averaged 450-550 liras or 1,800-2,200 rubles. To get into a taxi at the airport, it is enough to go to the counter, where passengers are seated in the cars in turn. The counter is located on the 2nd floor.
To leave the city for the airport, you can call a taxi using the BiTaxi or Uber apps. True, service drivers are not obligatory, therefore it is often easier to catch a car right on the street. There are 3 types of taxis in the city:
- yellow or orange class “economy”;
- blue class “comfort” with prices 20-30% higher than yellow;
- black class “business”, 2 times more expensive than yellow.
The final price of the trip is not always fixed, and can be calculated from the meter. In this case, it is recommended to follow the numbers on the device and that it is turned on. The taximeter is usually located in the center of the windshield, under the rear view mirror. Payment is possible not only in lira, but also in dollars and euros, but you need to warn about this in advance.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “A woman reported a unique diet that allows her to wear that the same clothes as 30 years ago.”