Hotels Arkhyz See best rates
Arkhyz is a small village in Karachay-Cherkessia, which develops and annually attracts thousands of tourists with its beauties and climate. The village is surrounded by mountains, so there are no winds even in winter, and the weather is almost always warm and sunny. There are up to 300 warm days a year. There is a lot of greenery and needles in the region, firs are of particular value, which grow very tall here. People who suffer from diseases of the respiratory system will feel relief in Arkhyz. This is due to the purity of the mountain air and the high concentration of the aroma of coniferous trees. The sights of Arkhyz are mainly natural attractions. If you have come to these parts for the first time and don’t know what to see in Arkhyz, then we have compiled a list of the most interesting places in this village especially for you.
Arkhyz – a village in Karachay-Cherkessia Ilya Schurov
For many, Arkhyz is associated with bottled water, which can be found throughout the country in large supermarkets. Indeed, glacier water is collected in the village, which can become a prevention of many diseases.
View of Arkhyz village surrounded by mountains Boris1960 Feel the atmosphere of Arkhyz in this beautiful video!
The village welcomes guests all year round. There is entertainment for every taste. For brave tourists who appreciate extreme sports, there is an opportunity to live on the banks of a mountain river in a tent, for those who wish to improve their health, you can spend time in a boarding house or sanatorium. In summer, the sights of Arkhyz are especially pleasing, as everything is buried in greenery, among which there are blue lakes and fast rivers. For lovers of winter recreation, a ski resort is being developed. In 2016, the village received the title of the best young ski resort in Russia. Experienced skiers say that in terms of climatic conditions, Arkhyz meets the high requirements of European winter resorts.
Pine forest near the village of Arkhyz, Zelenchuksky district Sanechka puchkova
Consider the sights of Arkhyz, based on photos and descriptions of vacationers.
Arkhyz sights in summer and winter
Dombay and Arkhyz are very similar in nature, although Dombay is more popular and attracts a large number of tourists every year. The beauty of Arkhyz is that its territory is not a nature protection zone, so you can move freely here without fear of breaking the law. The village is a valley among the mountains, so the nature here is magnificent and charming. In addition to the beauties of the region, there are places that are of historical value. Let's talk about them:
- Alanian settlement. An interesting excursion, which is offered to visit every tourist. You will visit the ancient city of Alanya, which has only partially survived to this day. You will see buildings that are more than 2000 years old, taste the water from the holy spring and take a walk through the archaeological complex, where you will learn interesting facts about the ancient inhabitants of the area from the guide;
Nizhne-Arkhyz settlement. Northern temple in Karachay-Cherkessia Mariluna
- Sofia waterfalls. A walk along the Sofia Mountain will not leave anyone indifferent. Lakes, waterfalls, glaciers and flower meadows, which are in harmonious combination, will open to your attention. Among vacationers, this excursion program is very popular because of its accessibility and information content. Among the sights of the lower Arkhyz – Sofia waterfalls occupy an honorable first place;
Sofia waterfalls. Zelenchuksky district, Karachay-Cherkessia DmitriyFD
- Lake of Love. Thousands of couples in love annually make a trip to the lake, which is shaped like a heart. Trout splashes in its waters, and the color of the lake is sky blue. Hiking to the sights will take a lot of time and effort (you have to overcome 1100 kilometers of mountainous terrain), but the view is worth these costs;
Mountain lakes in the mountains of Arkhyz village in Karachay-Cherkessia Ilya Schurov
- barite waterfall. The waterfall is located in the Barite beam, from where a wonderful view of the city and its environs opens. Crystal clear blue water falls from a sheer wall – you can watch it forever. Near the waterfall it is pleasant to breathe and think easily. Take a photo and video camera with you, as you will certainly want to capture this beauty;
One of the waterfalls near the village of Arkhyz in Karachay-Cherkessia Ilya Schurov
- the main outlook of Arkhyz. On the map of Arkhyz with sights, you can see Lunnaya Polyana, from where the hiking route originates, which makes it possible to see the delights of the region from a height. The tour will last 2-2.5 hours and during this time you will have time to change several locations and hear the enchanting legends and secrets of Arkhyz. This walking tour is very interesting, you will not regret if you go for a walk.
Arkhyz Reserve in Karachay-Cherkessia Mariluna
What to see in Arkhyz: other interesting places
If you are interested in these or other interesting places of Karachay-Cherkessia, and you want to see the beauty of this region with your own eyes, as well as enjoy your vacation in Arkhyz in the summer by visiting its sights, then use the services of a guide in Arkhyz. He organizes a program for you according to your budget and wishes. Upon arrival on vacation, you do not have to rush to look for a company or an individual who provides high-level excursion services. This will save your time, which can be spent on a precious vacation.
Descent to Arkhyz from Abishira-Akhuba. Arkhyz Sanctuary Synaps-s
You can plan a trip not only in the summer. Arkhyz is beautiful at any time of the year. Mountains and rivers take on a special charm in winter, and the harsh winter does not come to this area – the temperature always remains comfortable. The sights of Upper Arkhyz and Nizhny are in good condition, as the state annually allocates funds to maintain and restore the cultural heritage of the country.
Birch Grove. Arkhyzsky reserve, Zelenchuksky district Olga1234564
In addition to hiking and treatment with natural water, the village is famous for its ski resort. Its infrastructure is under development, but experts predict a great future for the resort. Prices for winter holidays in Karachay-Cherkessia are strikingly different from the prices in famous European resorts for the better. At the same time, the quality of the tracks and climatic conditions are in no way inferior to expensive analogues. If you look at photos of the sights of Arkhyz in summer, you will undoubtedly want to find yourself here, but winter Arkhyz also beckons with its beauty and peace. Therefore, do not rush to conclusions, but listen to yourself: what kind of rest are you more prone to? Although you should not choose, it is better to come to this wonderful region every year in different seasons.
Observation deck of the cable car at the resort “Arkhyz” E.zhigalo
Recommendations for rest in Arkhyz
Before planning a travel itinerary, check out the photos and descriptions of the sights of Arkhyz. Such photos can be found on the Internet – so you can draw informed conclusions about which area is your main place to visit. Based on the intended route, plan the budget and clothes that you need to take. Comfortable non-slip shoes will come in handy when traveling around Arkhyz, as rocky terrain is a priority here.
Rest in tents in the Arkhyz reserve, Zelenchuksky district Olga1234564
You can book a hotel or boarding house on your own and decide on the spot with a list of excursions in Arkhyz that you want to visit, or you can use the services of a travel agency. The first option is cheaper, but more risky, the second is more comfortable, but more expensive. By the way, camping is very popular in Arkhyz. The romance of mountain rivers, near which a fire burns, and a beautiful view of high mountains opens up ahead – this is what attracts lovers of freedom to visit the sights of the village of Arkhyz.
Summer forbs in the valley near Arkhyz village Ilya Schurov
If the trip is planned without the assistance of third parties, and you want to organize your own vacation, then be sure to take care of how to get to the sights of Arkhyz. Regular buses do not run everywhere in the village and its environs, in some places it is not easy even for cars to pass. Therefore, read the recommendations of experienced tourists so that there are no unforeseen difficulties during your vacation.
Mount Sophia in the vicinity of the village of Arkhyz in Karachay-Cherkessia Boris1960
The Caucasus is famous for its hospitality, clean air, great food and breathtaking views. To appreciate all the charm of the Caucasus and to know it in its pristine beauty, be sure to go to Arkhyz. Here you will get unforgettable impressions, rest your body and fill your soul with vivid emotions. Rest in Arkhyz and visiting its sights will be an incredible adventure for you and your family, which will be remembered forever. For lovers of extreme sports or for the elderly who want to improve their health, there are activities and pleasures in the village.