The famous casino city of Yugo- East Asia – Macau, completely closed again for covid – the streets are completely empty. Both casinos and most tourist businesses have been ordered to close again, and residents have also been placed under lockdown, leaving only to buy food or other essentials. The authorities have warned that anyone who breaks the rules will be punished.
The situation – including the closure of the casino – will last at least a week. The reason is the increase in the number of cases of coronavirus. On Monday, the government reported 59 new cases, bringing the total number of cases in the latest outbreak to 1,526. Note that enclaves such as Macau and Hong Kong strongly support China's “COVID zero” strategy, which aims to isolate every infected person.
That said, casino gambling is the backbone of Macau's economy, and it's been devastated by anti-virus travel restrictions. The order, from the point of view of local media, marks the first time since the beginning of 2020 at the beginning of the pandemic that casinos have been completely closed. Casinos have previously reopened, although restrictions imposed in June have limited their workforce to 10% of normal levels. The government says it plans to test everyone in the city for the virus within the next week.
Let us remind you that alarm bells about the return of anti-COVID measures are also heard in Europe, which was trying to abandon covid restrictions. In particular, we are talking about the mask mode. Read the details at the link.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “From weight loss to treating depression: the doctor named 7 healing properties of saffron.”